Toothache Pain Relief
Toothache pain is unbearable. Constant, throbbing pain can cause dizziness, distress, and make it nearly impossible for you to function in your daily life. Some people even suffer with a fever if they have an infection that is deep within their tooth and gums. A toothache is a sign that something is very wrong with your oral health, and the only way to get toothache pain relief is with emergency dentistry from the dental team at Ingleside Family Dental in Ladson, SC.
Causes Of Toothache Pain
Sometimes you know exactly what’s wrong with your tooth and why you need toothache pain relief. Other times, the problem is deep within your mouth and wholly unseen and you have no idea what’s going on until your dentist conducts an examination and takes x-rays to make a diagnosis. Your Ladson dentist will investigate all possible causes and determine if you have one of the following problems:
- Tooth infection: If the pulp of a tooth is infected, bacteria has usually worked its way inside because of a crack or decay. An abscess can form, which is also painful and, if untreated, can rupture and lead to serious health problems.
- Tooth decay: Cavities start small but, left untreated, they grow bigger until they reach the interior layers of the tooth and start causing serious pain.
- Impacted wisdom tooth: If a third molar is impacted or partially erupted, its position in the mouth will cause severe tooth pain and can also damage neighboring teeth.
- Gum disease: If gum disease goes undiagnosed and untreated, it will spread through the mouth and eventually cause pain that can feel like a toothache.
Dental Care For Toothache Pain Relief
Whatever dental problem you have, there is one constant across all circumstances – your discomfort and problem will not go away on its own. It’s up to you to reach out to your dentist for an emergency dental appointment so you can get help immediately.
Your dentist has the tools and expertise to identify the source of your toothache pain right away and deliver the treatment that will provide you with immediate relief. Solutions can include any of the following procedures:
- Root canal therapy: When a tooth root is infected, it will be cleaned out meticulously and the canals will be filled so they cannot be reinfected. This stops the toothache pain right away. The tooth is then capped with a customized crown for a complete dental restoration.
- Tooth-colored filling: If your toothache is caused by a cavity, once the decay is removed a tooth-colored filling fills in the treated area to repair the damage and leave you with a natural-looking repair.
- Porcelain crown: If a toothache is caused by a very large amount of decay but a filling isn’t robust enough to cover the large area, a porcelain crown will be used to cover the tooth and protect it.
- Extraction: Tooth extraction is always a last resort for any dentist. The goal is always to save your natural tooth whenever possible (unless the issue is a problematic wisdom tooth). Once the area is healed the missing tooth can be replaced with a dental bridge.
Cost Factors For Toothache Pain Relief
If you are suffering with a toothache, trust that the relief your dentist can provide is worth the price. Don’t worry about the cost factors for toothache pain relief – there is always an affordable way to fix what’s wrong with your teeth. The most important thing is to get you out of pain as quickly as possible. Then you can talk numbers with your dentist.
Typical cost factors for your treatment will include:
- Whether you need an emergency dental visit
- The cause of the toothache
- Location of the problem tooth
- Procedure(s) needed
- Materials used for repair
Toothache Pain Relief Near Me In Ladson, SC
If you have a toothache, reach out to Dr. Marilyn Betty Mathew at Ingleside Family Dental in Ladson, SC. We offer emergency dental visits to help you when you need it most.