ZOOM! Teeth Whitening
ZOOM! Teeth Whitening
If you want to transform your smile with just one fast, effective cosmetic dentistry treatment, ZOOM! teeth whitening is the answer. We offer this advanced, professional, teeth-whitening treatment to qualified patients at Ingleside Family Dental in Ladson, South Carolina, creating smiles that are multiple shades whiter in just about an hour.
How ZOOM! Teeth Whitening Works
ZOOM! teeth whitening is designed to produce dramatically whiter teeth in just one dental visit. Here is how it works:
- Evaluation: Your dentist evaluates your oral health to confirm that you are a good candidate for teeth whitening.
- Prep: Gums and cheeks are protected by cotton rolls and cheek retractors and desensitizing gel is applied so the bleaching agents do not cause irritation.
- Application: The ZOOM! whitening gel is applied carefully to the teeth.
- Activation: A blue LED light is focused on the teeth and programmed to accelerate the whitening process.
- Repeat: If needed, the application and activation steps are repeated until the optimal shade of white is achieved.
- Reveal: Safeguards are removed from the teeth and your bright, white smile is revealed.
Benefits of a ZOOM! Teeth Whitening
Everyone has their own reasons for wanting to whiten their teeth, whether you believe it will help you professionally or socially or because you simply want to look better. Your reason is your own, and it’s valid no matter what it is. The benefits of teeth whitening, however, are universal for any recipient, and here are just some of them:
- Makes teeth up to eight times whiter
- Look younger, happier, healthier, and even smarter
- Non-invasive, safe, and painless treatment
- Makes imperfect teeth look flawless
- Long-lasting with good oral hygiene and dental checkups
White teeth are a powerful characteristic. If stained, dingy, yellow, bray, or grain teeth can wreck your job opportunities, love matches, and social connections, white teeth can dazzle everyone you meet.
Professional Whitening vs. ZOOM! Whitening
There are many over-the-counter teeth whitening products available, from toothpastes to gels to whitening strips. While you may notice some difference in the appearance of your teeth from using these items, the results are likely to be spotty, will not last terribly long, and won’t be nearly as effective as a professional whitening treatment.
Drugstore whitening products are designed to remove surface stains. Your dentist’s ZOOM! teeth whitening products are made with professional-grade bleaching products that breaks apart stains within the teeth so they are truly whiter and brighter.
An extra benefit of ZOOM! whitening? At the end of your in-office treatment, you will be sent home with a customized set of whitening trays and a whitening gel kit to use for touch-ups as needed. This effort won’t be anytime soon though because, with good oral hygiene and regular visits to your dentist for check-ups, your teeth whitening can last for years.
Is ZOOM! Teeth Whitening Right for You?
Teeth whitening isn’t right for everyone. If you haven’t had success with any over-the-counter whitening products, it may be because you have teeth that don’t respond to whitening. Your dentist will let you know for certain whether professional whitening is the right treatment for you. Your discoloration or stains may be deep within your teeth or their natural color and other cosmetic dentistry treatments like porcelain veneers or dental bonding will be needed to conceal them.
It’s important that your teeth be free of decay and healthy before any whitening can be done. What your teeth don’t have to be is perfect – in fact, a ZOOM! treatment is so effective it can make imperfect teeth look flawless, even if they’re a little crooked or gapped or otherwise flawed.