Professional teeth whitening is one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments available. Fast, easy, and affordable, this procedure delivers amazing results for qualified candidates. At Ingleside Family Dental in Ladson, SC, we offer whitening using powerful, professional-grade, bleaching products for patients who want to beautify their smile in just one dental visit.
Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
There are plenty of over-the-counter teeth whitening products at your local store, but DIY whitening strips and toothpastes do not guarantee success. Consistent, long-lasting results that give you the brilliant white smile you’ve imagined can only come from your Ladson dentist.
Here are just some of the benefits of professional teeth whitening:
- Powerful bleaching products: The highly concentrated, powerful bleaching agents your dentist uses are quality controlled for safety and strength and are guaranteed to produce a whiter smile.
- Instantaneous results: In just one visit to your dentist, and usually in only about an hour, you will have an instantly whiter smile so you can make a great impression in time for your dinner date, special event, job interview, meeting, or just your reflection in the mirror.
- Customized whitening: One tooth is a little tougher to whiten than others? Your dentist can target trouble spots to manage the discoloration and stains that have invaded your enamel to get consistent results across your entire smile.
- Long-lasting: Professional teeth whitening doesn’t end when you leave your Ladson cosmetic dentist’s office. Take-home whitening trays are designed just for your mouth so you can carry out whitening treatments as needed on your own time using professional-grade whitening gel to keep your teeth super-bright.
How Professional Whitening Works
Your cosmetic dentist uses careful strategies to deliver a safe, comfortable professional whitening treatment that minimizes the discomfort and sensitivity common among over-the-counter whitening products.
- Lips and gums are protected from the bleaching agent.
- Bleaching agents are applied to teeth.
- LED light is used to activate the bleach.
- Relax while the process takes place and is repeated, if needed.
- Get a look at your dramatically whiter teeth.
Maintaining your whitened smile, which is now multiple shades whiter than before, is easy if you brush and floss daily and see your dentist every six months for teeth cleanings and check-up.
What Every Patient Needs to Know About Teeth Whitening
There are several cosmetic dentistry treatments that can make your smile whiter, but if teeth whitening is on your radar, there are some important facts for you to know ahead of time:
- Your teeth don’t have to be perfect. If your teeth are crooked, gapped, misaligned, or flawed, this cosmetic dentistry treatment can create an illusion that makes you look like you have a perfect smile.
- Your smile must be healthy. Every whitening treatment starts with a dental exam to make sure your teeth and gums are healthy and without decay or infection.
- It may not be possible to whiten your teeth. Some teeth are naturally yellow, have antibiotic staining, or are damaged in such a way that teeth whitening cannot brighten them. There is always a solution though – in cases like these, porcelain veneers or cosmetic tooth bonding could be your solution.
- You can keep whitening your teeth. When you have a whitening treatment done at your Ladson family dentist’s office, you will leave with customized trays so you can brighten up your smile as needed and get the same level of professional results you did with your first in-office treatment.
Are You a Good Candidate for Teeth Whitening in Ladson, SC?
If you’re unhappy with the appearance of your teeth and wish they were whiter, find out if you’re a good candidate for teeth whitening at Ingleside Family Dental in Ladson, SC. Schedule your consultation with Dr. Mathew to learn more about professional whitening and other cosmetic dentistry treatments that may be a good option for your smile makeover.