Cosmetic Porcelain Crowns
Dental crowns are a versatile cosmetic dentistry treatment that can completely transform a smile. Customized in size, shape, and color, cosmetic porcelain crowns are designed to beautify your smile and fix the flaws that make you feel self-conscious. Find out how a porcelain crown can work for you from Dr. Marilyn Betty Mathew at Ingleside Family Dental in Ladson, SC.
Problems Fixed By Cosmetic Porcelain Crowns
You don’t have to live with an unattractive smile. If one or two teeth are interrupting your entire grin, there is always a cosmetic dentistry solution to fix it. Chances are, a porcelain crown can get the job done. Crowns are a cosmetic repair that makes teeth stronger at the same time. A crown can conceal a problem while delivering an amazing smile makeover.
- Conceal a chipped tooth: Some people live with a chipped tooth because it has been determined that the damage does not compromise the tooth as a whole or affect neighboring teeth. But this problem certainly interrupts your smile. A porcelain crown covers the chip, both beautifying and fortifying your tooth.
- Whiten a discolored tooth: Some stains and discoloration are simply part of a tooth and cannot be bleached away. A customized cosmetic porcelain crown makes your tooth the right color to match the rest of your smile and make it look flawless.
- Cover an oddly shaped tooth: Do you have a short, misshapen, or just odd-looking tooth that mars the appearance of your smile? Make that tooth look natural with a personalized crown built with all the right components and designed to blend into the rest of your teeth.
The Porcelain Crown Procedure
Crowns are often called caps because they form a protective covering over a problematic tooth. They are certainly not a one-size-fits-all treatment though. Every cosmetic tooth crown is customized in all dimensions, color, and characteristics so it blends smoothly into your smile. Here is what you can expect from the crown procedure:
- Consultation: You will meet with your Ladson cosmetic dentist to explain what bothers you about your smile and determine if a crown is the right smile makeover treatment for you. Because the repair is so versatile, chances are, it can help correct your problem.
- Examination: During the consultation, your dentist will give you a dental exam to review your oral health, specifically the tooth or teeth in question. Digital imaging will be done to confirm that everything is in good condition and viable for a repair.
- Fitting: Every porcelain crown is customized to the patient and all the characteristics are carefully laid out by your dentist – size, shape, color, and more. An impression of your teeth is taken and this, along with the other details, are sent to the dental lab for the crown to be made.
- Placement: Once the cosmetic porcelain crown is ready, usually a few weeks later, you will see your dentist a second time and have the crown bonded permanently in place. This may require some slight prep of your tooth to ensure a proper, permanent fit.
Cost Factors Of Full-Coverage Crowns
Cosmetic porcelain crowns will have varying cost factors depending on several variables:
- Which tooth is getting the crown
- How large the crown is
- The materials used to make the crown
- Your dentist’s experience
- Location of the dental practice
Financing options are plentiful – it is our goal to help you get the smile makeover you want and deserve while making it affordable. We accept most dental insurance and work with CareCredit to make cosmetic dentistry a reality for so many patients.
Transform The Appearance Of Your Smile With Cosmetic Crowns
You can undergo a stunning smile makeover with cosmetic porcelain crowns alone. Learn more about this solution from Ingleside Family Dental in Lasdon, SC. Schedule your consultation today.