You want straight teeth, but you don’t want anything to do with noticeable metal wires and brackets. This is understandable, especially for busy adults and self-conscious teens. Don’t despair – you can have the smile you’ve always wanted. Schedule a consultation with certified Invisalign provider, Dr. Betty Mathew in Ladson, SC, and you may discover that you’re an excellent candidate for Invisalign clear aligners.
The Benefits of Wearing Clear Aligners
Clear aligners deliver a host of amazing benefits. Anyone who wears them already knows they’re in a sweet spot with Invisalign on their teeth instead of unmovable dental braces. Here are just some of the things to love about clear aligners.
- They’re discreet. These clear, nearly invisible trays are incredibly hard to see on the teeth, so when you speak, smile, or pose for photos, no one will know you’re wearing Invisalign.
- They’re comfortable. Brackets and wires are smaller than ever but they are still known to snag lips and cheeks and tongue. Invisalign doesn’t do that. The trays are smooth and easy to wear.
- You can eat whatever you want. Wearers of convention metal braces have many food restrictions. Just pop out your clear aligners and eat whatever you like, as long as your tender, shifting teeth can manage it.
- They don’t interfere with your life. Patients who qualify for Invisalign go about their daily lives with little interruption from clear aligners. The only things you must remember to do daily is brush after meals before the trays go back in your mouth and wear the aligners for 20 to 22 hours a day.
The biggest benefit of clear aligners and any alignment method is that the patient ends up with healthier teeth. Cosmetic changes are of course noticeable, but when you finally have straight teeth they will also be easier to clean and keep healthy. That means a lower risk of tooth decay, gum disease, enamel erosion, and other oral health problems.
Find Out If You’re a Good Candidate for Clear Aligners
Almost every type of misalignment that can be corrected with metal braces can be addressed using Invisalign. This makes clear aligners particularly enticing to adults who want to fix their alignment without sporting noticeable orthodontics – but first, you need to find out from your dentist if you are a good candidate for this type of treatment.
- Undergo an examination: Invisalign can only begin once it’s determined that you are a good candidate for the treatment. Your Ladson dentist will conduct a dental exam, take 3D images of your mouth to review the position of your teeth, and review your overall oral health.
- View the treatment plan: Using special software, your dentist will design your entire Invisalign treatment from start to finish. You’ll see just how many aligners are needed throughout, how long treatment will take, and what your smile will look like when the work is complete.
- Say “yes” to clear aligners: If after all this preparation you decide to go forward with Invisalign treatment, your first sets of trays will be ordered. When they arrive, your dentist will show you how to insert and remove the aligners. You may also need attachments on your teeth to help shift your alignment as effectively as possible.
Get Clear Aligners from Your Ladson Invisalign Provider
Invisalign clear aligners move a few teeth at a time until your entire smile is fully in alignment. The trays apply consistent, gentle pressure to move your teeth and tooth roots simultaneously. The process typically takes about one year to complete, though some cases may be more complex and take longer. Others will be less complicated and take less time.
Clear aligners come with easy rules to follow no matter what your obligations for work, play, school, or family. This treatment is available for both adults and teens from Ingleside Family Dental in Ladson, SC. Contact us to schedule a consultation.