Same-Day Emergency Dentistry
True dental emergencies cannot wait. When you are in extreme pain or have suffered a blow to the mouth that has resulted in damage and bleeding, you need help right away. Ingleside Family Dental in Ladson, SC, offers same-day emergency dentistry to both new and existing patients. If you are experiencing a dental emergency, contact us immediately at (843) 627-2370.
Do You Have a Dental Emergency?
Dental emergencies are never convenient, but when they occur they need to be dealt with as soon as possible to relieve your pain and prevent even greater complications from developing. Contact your dentist right away if you experience any of the following problems:
- Knocked-out tooth
- Dislodged tooth
- Severe tooth pain
- Lost filling or crown
- Broken tooth
- Mouth trauma
- Jaw injury
- Bleeding gums
You may not be sure if you’re experiencing is a true dental emergency – leave this decision up to your Ladson emergency dentist to decide. It is always better to be cautious and call your dentist for advice and recommendations than to try to wait out an oral health problem and hope it will go away on its own.
Facts to Keep in Mind About Dental Emergencies
Dental emergencies can take many shapes and sizes and everyone will not experience the same symptoms. It is always better to err on the side of caution and call your dentist but, before you worry too much, keep the following in mind:
- Blood isn’t always bad. If you suffered a blow to the mouth you may be bleeding profusely. This is terrifying but it doesn’t always mean disaster. The mouth has a lot of tiny blood vessels and capillaries that make small injuries look far worse than they are.
- Pain is a red flag. You may not have an obvious dental problem, but serious pain or a constant toothache indicate that something is very wrong. The issue will not fade away on its own – it will only grow worse. You’ll want to see your dentist as soon as possible.
- Accept that you have a dental problem. No one wants to admit that they have a toothache, that it’s interfering with their day, that they don’t have time to deal with such a problem. But a toothache will make itself known and demand attention regardless of what you want so better to have it dealt with now than wait until the emergency grows larger – and more painful, invasive, and costly.
- Cosmetic issues aren’t usually emergencies. A broken veneer is annoying, but it may not require a same-day trip to the dentist unless the problem is threatening your teeth and the tissues of your mouth.
Emergency Dentist Near Me Treatments
The procedures used to manage a dental emergency will vary depending on the circumstances, but some of the most common treatments involved in same-day emergency dental care include:
- Extraction: Your dentist wants to do everything possible to save your natural tooth and prevent extraction, but sometimes the damage is so severe that the only route to eliminate pain and start fresh is to remove the tooth.
- Root canal therapy: A deep infection in the tooth requires root canal therapy. While many people find this treatment daunting, it saves a tooth from extraction and immediately eliminates pain. This treatment is usually followed by the placement of a porcelain crown.
- Tooth-colored filling: A damaged or decayed tooth can often be successfully treated with a tooth-colored filling. If you deal with a cavity before it becomes larger, you can avoid more invasive dental restorations.
Contact Your Ladson Dentist for Same-Day Dental Care
Any sort of oral health problem should be evaluated by your dentist as soon as possible. Contact Ingleside Family Dental in Ladson, SC, at (843) 627-2370 if you suspect you have a dental emergency. Don’t wait to have your problem addressed.